Please watch this video by made by Krish Kandiah of Home for Good:
Prayer Vigil – this Tuesday 8th September at 7pm, central London
Details and links from for the call to action outlined in the video:
1. Pray – 24/7 has launched a special week of prayer – find out more here.
2. Foster – many children and young people are coming to the UK as refugees without their parents. Lets be ready to welcome them into loving homes through Home for Good. Sign up here to be added to a national database.
3. Welcome – with the government’s promise to receive thousands more refugees, Our churches need to be ready to welcome them into our communities and help them to integrate. If you have property available to rent please get in touch with Citizens UK.
4. Connect – Can you use your connections to help make properties available to those seeking asylum?
5. Give – Open Doors has launched a special appeal to help those facing persecution in Syria. £35.50 can provide an emergency food parcel to feed a family of five for two weeks. Tearfund also have an emergency appeal here.
The Guardian have also published a list of actions which include giving, volunteering and protesting that can be taken in response to the crisis.
Article by Giles Fraser: Christian politicians won’t say it but the Bible is clear: let the refugees in, every last one
3 thoughts on “Refugee Crisis: a call to action”
The C of E has plenty of properties that could put up refugees … might as well put them to use … I doubt there would be a shortage of volunteers and donations in many parishes?
Another couple of routes here to helping asylum seekers – fostering unaccompanied children and teenagers, and offering housing to rent if anyone’s a landlord.
All what we see going on today; The help being given, positive reactions from Governments and Religious groups and people is the true power of divine intervention.